MakerSpace Brampton is a joint initiative of the City of Brampton Economic Development Office, Sheridan College Faculty of Applied Science and Technology’s Centre for Advanced Manufacturing and Design Technologies (CAMDT), and Brampton Library to foster creativity, innovation, and exploration in a safe and accessible learning environment.
What We Have:
MakerSpaces at Four Corners, Chinguacousy, and Springdale library branches offer free access to maker and digital creation tools. Drop-in during library hours to access equipment with the assistance of staff. Users must complete a MakerSpace User Agreement form.
Available equipment includes*:
- MakerBot 3D Printer
- Lulzbot Mini 3D Printer
- Roland CAMM-1 GS-24 Vinyl Cutter
- Silhouette Cameo 3 Electronic Cutting Machine
- Canon 9000F Mark II Scanner (includes attachments for digitizing photo negatives and slides)
- Elgato Video Capture Device (converts analog video from a VHS tape into a high quality digital file)
- Wacom Intuos Drawing Tablet (for digital drawing, painting or sketching)
- Akai Professional MPK Midi Keyboard (a compact keyboard and pad controller for creating beats and music tracks)
- Desktop computers with software
*Please note: not all equipment is available at all locations.
Programs: MakerSpace Brampton programs offer hands-on and interactive learning in 3D printing and modelling, coding, web design, robotics, and other STEM and maker topics for all ages. We also host special events and meetups as well as Tech Talks and Repair Cafés.
See our Program for program offerings, dates, locations, and registration details.
For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-793-4636 x74260