Bring your skills and experience to the Brampton Library and join a growing team that is committed to enriching the lives of almost 600,000 Brampton residents. Working with more than 175 distinct ethnic backgrounds, we promote literacy, and provide access to recreational materials and information in a welcoming environment that fosters connections with others and with the community.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Customer and Circulation Services, and working with the Branch team, you will be responsible for sorting and shelving library materials according to established procedures.
In this part-time role you will:
- Re-shelve material accurately.
- Maintain shelf order and tidy collection
- Move collections, in quantity, as required.
- Retrieve reserved materials, as required.
The Ideal Profile:
- Grade 10 education or equivalent.
- Ability to perform all the job factors and job duties in a satisfactory manner.
- Requires common courtesy when interacting with others.
- Cooperates as a team member with the library staff in performing any duty essential to the achievement of efficient and effective library service.
- Contributes to creating a customer-centric, positive, thriving workplace that balances progress with practicality.
Position Details: Part Time, Union, Permanent and Temporary
Anticipated Start Date: March 2018
The Next Step:
The Human Resources team would like to thank all individuals for applying; however, only selected applicants will be contacted to participate in the interview process. Due to volume, receipt of applications will not be acknowledged. No phone calls or agencies please. Brampton Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to inclusive barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, Brampton Library will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require. Any information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.