Membership is free to all residents of Ontario.
Becoming a Member
Register for your Library Membership Card
- Apply online or in person at any of our 7 branches
- Present Applicable ID* to complete registration
- Sign your card accepting the terms (parents or legal guardians sign for children under 12 years)
- Library cards expire once a year and you must visit a branch in person to renew your card
- You are responsible for the use and return of all Library materials
- When you borrow items you are agreeing to pay fees for materials not returned on time, damaged or lost
- Contact us immediately if your card is lost or stolen to prevent others from using your membership
- Late DVDs, GoPro kits, Launchpad tablets, PAMA pass, TRCA pass: $1 per day
- Children's Materials (excluding Launchpads, Lightning Loans and ILLO's): $0
- All other late items: 25¢ per day
- Damaged or lost items: replacement fee varies per item
- Lost card replacement fee: $2
- Fees can be paid at any Branch
- Cash, debit, and credit cards accepted
Your PIN is your Personal Identification Number and serves as a security check when you try to access your library record online. You need it in order to check your library record and to renew items online.
Replace a lost, stolen or damaged card
Report all lost, stolen or damaged library cards to (905) 793-4636 or visit any Brampton Library location as soon as possible so it can be blocked to prevent others from using it. There is a $2.00 replacement fee.
To view all of our library terms and policies, click here.
*Applicable ID: To receive (or renew) your Brampton Library membership card, bring current name and address identification (ID) to any branch.