Don’t let the kids have all the fun this summer!
Explore new reads and interests with our Adult Summer Reading Club. All of the paper books, eBooks, eAudiobooks, fiction or non-fiction, that you read between June 3 and September 3, 2019 will count towards your total number of points. The more points you earn by logging your reading, the more chances you will have to win prizes. Prizes include: Bi-weekly draws, Book Bash door prizes and three grand prizes!
Participating in the Adult Summer Reading Club is easy, here's how:
- Register online or visit any Brampton Library branch to register in person.
- Fill out your log with the titles you read or listen to this summer: Pick up a printed reading log at any branch or use the online log to keep track of the books you read. If you log your book on paper, please call (905) 793-4636 to submit your log entries for a chance to win a prize. If you run out of space, you are welcome to a second log.
- Explore our Summer Reading Club programs: From painting to gardening, writing workshops and Bollywood singing games, we’ve got lots going on for adults! Head to our Calendar of Events to discover them all.
- Come to the After Hours Book Bash on August 16 to wrap up the summer reading season in style and discover the 2019 One Book One Brampton shortlist. Enjoy entertainment, light refreshments and the chance to mingle with other readers. You may even win a door prize!
How many books do I have to read to win a prize?
There are no minimum (or maximum) reading requirements. We just want you to have fun reading this summer!
What are the prizes?
- Bi-weekly prizes ($25 gift certificates): The winner of the bi-weekly draw will be contacted to pick up their prize at the branch of their choice using the phone and email address provided in their online registration. If we do not receive a response within one week, another ballot will be drawn. Anyone who logged a book in the previous two weeks will be eligible to win. Draw dates are: June 17, July 2, 15 & 29, August 12 & 26.
- Grand prizes include: Google Home, Instant Pot, Date Night in Brampton (includes gift certificates for dinner, movie and coffee dates), $100 BCC Gift Card will be drawn at the end of the summer (September 3rd). Anyone who logged a book will be entered into the final draw. The winner will be contacted using the phone and email address provided in their online registration. If we do not receive a response within one week, another ballot will be drawn.
- Book Bash prizes: Anyone who attends the Book Bash on August 16 will be entered into the draw to win a door prize. If the winner is not present at the time of the draw, another ballot will be selected. The winner must attend the Book Bash and be present at the time of the draw to win.
How will I get into the After Hours Book Bash?
Please RSVP when you receive the invitation by email. If you do not use email, please call (905) 793-4636 to RSVP by phone. To ensure your spot, please RSVP between July 29 and August 4.
What is the After Hours Book Bash?
It is an event that brings all club members together to mingle and enjoy entertainment and light refreshments. To continue your reading into the fall, we will also announce the shortlist for One Book One Brampton 2019 at this event.
Can I win prizes without attending the After Hours Book Bash?
Yes, if you log a book, you will be entered into the bi-weekly and grand prize draws.
What happens if I am logging online and forget my password?
Go to your login page and click on Get it by email
Do I have to read the 'Try Something New' challenges?
No, these are just suggestions to keep things interesting during the summer.
Grand Prizes for the Adult Summer Reading Club 2019 have been generously donated by
Thank you to our Community Partners who generously donated prizes to our summer programs.