While all Brampton Library MakerSpaces are currently closed to the public, 3D printing and vinyl cutting are available remotely through MakerSpace On Demand.
About MakerSpace On Demand
- Request a 3D print, vinyl cut, or Smile Button via this online form and meet virtually with a Librarian to discuss your project. Response and pick-up times may vary and we may not be able to accommodate all requests.
- 3D printing and vinyl cutting requests are limited to a maximum of two (2) jobs per customer per 7-day period
- Consumable materials are provided free of charge with these limitations:
- 3D Printing: Print time must not exceed 6 hours.
- Vinyl Cutting: Cut job must not exceed 12x24 inches; only library-provided adhesive vinyl may be used; heat-transfer vinyl is not available.
- Smile Buttons: only one smile button per person.
Users must complete a MakerSpace User Agreement form. Equipment may be accessed independently by Brampton Library cardholders aged 14 and up. Children younger than 14 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
Available equipment includes:
- Lulzbot Mini (available at Chinguacousy and Springdale only)
- Ultimaker 2+
- Assorted colours of PLA and PLA+ filament
- For jobs longer than 2 hours, please request an appointment
Desktop Cutting Machine (for vinyl and paper cutting)
- Silhouette Cameo 3
- Assorted colours of permanent adhesive vinyl, or bring your own
- Up to 12x24 inches of adhesive vinyl will be provided
Video and Photo Digitizing Tools
- Canon 9000F Mark II Scanner (includes attachments for digitizing photo negatives and slides)
- Elgato Video Capture Device (converts analog video from VHS to a high-quality digital file)
- VHS-C Cassette Adapter
- Other Digital Creation Tools
- Wacom Intuos Drawing Tablet (available at Springdale only)
- Akai Professional MPK Midi Keyboard (available at Springdale only)
- 1-inch and 2-inch pinback button makers (available at Springdale only)
- 10 pin-back buttons per person
Are there other tools you’d like to access in our makerspace?
We also host meetups and special events, such as:
- Maker Meetup (check out our Summer DIYs)
- Brampton Coffee 'n' Code
- Brampton Tech Talks
- Repair Cafés
- Resources for Makers
See our Program Calendar for program offerings, dates, locations, and registration details.