Want to capture your great adventures and favourite activities? The GoPro HERO & HERO5 Session are small, compact, durable, and easy-to-use cameras for recording high-quality videos and snapping photos on the go. Each GoPro Kit includes a GoPro camera, mounting frame, and various accessories to help you get started. Note: microSD card for photo/video storage not provided in kit. Place a hold on a GoPro kit through our catalogue here.
Each GoPro kit includes:
- 1 GoPro camera, HERO Session or HERO5 Session
- 1 mounting frame
- 1 buckle and screw
- 1 cable, Micro USB or USB-C
- 1 AmazonBasics carrying case
- Assorted accessories
Getting started with a GoPro
Download the Quik app
The Quick app is the main interface that connects to and controls GoPro cameras. It’s also a one-stop-shop for editing photos & videos from your phone. Check here for camera and phone compatibility. Download the app for iOS, or download the app for Android.
You will need to reset the camera name and password when pairing your GoPro camera to the Quik app. Please follow these guidelines:
- Your camera name and password must have at least 8 characters
- Use a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters, and numbers 1-9
- Do not include any non-English or special characters.
- Some cameras are set up with a factory password (“goprohero”), do not reuse this factory password.
Pairing Instructions for the HERO5 Session
1. Pick up your camera:
- Press the MENU button to power your camera.
- Tap the MENU button again until you see CONNECTION SETTINGS and select it with the SHUTTER button.
- Press the SHUTTER button to select "CONNECT NEW DEVICE"
- Press the MENU button to highlight the 'check mark', then select it with the SHUTTER button.
2. Open GoPro Quik:
- Select the Camera logo at the bottom left corner of the app and it will automatically begin scanning for your camera
- You should see "We Found Your GoPro" and a blue "Connect" button. Tap [Connect].
- You will see a section to change your camera's name, or you can tap on the bottom button to leave the name as it is.
- Once a name is set, GoPro Quik will show a live preview of your camera. You're all set!
If you're unable to pair the HERO5 Session with the GoPro Quik app
1. Make sure your camera is turned off.
2. Press the Menu button to turn on the status screen.
3. Press the Menu button repeatedly until you get to [Connections Settings].
4. Press the Shutter button to select [Connections Settings].
5. Press the Menu button repeatedly until you get to [Reset Connections].
6. Press the Shutter button to select [Reset Connections].
7. Press the Menu button to navigate to [Yes].
8. Press the Shutter button to select [Yes].
9. [Wi-fi Reset Successful] will appear on the status screen.
Pairing Instructions for the HERO Session\
1. Turn on your GoPro camera.
2. Open GoPro Quik:
- From the home page, tap the icon in the top left corner.
- Tap on [Add A Camera] in the iOS app, or [Camera] in the Android app.
- Tap [HERO Session].
3. Pick up your camera:
- Press the "Info/Wireless" button to turn on the display.
- Press the "Info/Wireless" button again to cycle to APP, then press the "Shutter/Select" button to select it.
4. On the device, complete these steps:
- Tap [Continue].
- Enter the PIN displayed on your camera status screen, then tap [Pair].
- Create a new camera name and password, then tap [Continue].
- For iOS users: Go to Settings > Wi-Fi on your phone and select your camera name, enter the password, then return to the app. You will see a blue dot next to the camera name indicating that it is connected.
- Tap your camera name to connect to the camera’s Wi-Fi network and you are all set!
If you're unable to pair the HERO Session with the GoPro Quik app
- Ensure that the camera is entirely turned off (no LED lights flashing, nothing on the camera status screen).
- Press and hold the Info/Wireless button for 8-10 seconds; you will be prompted with "Reset Wi-Fi." The button can now be released.
- Press the Info/Wireless button once to highlight [YES].
- Press the SHUTTER button once to select [YES]; the camera will prompt you that the reset has occurred, then turn off.
- Set up a new name and password during the GoPro Quik pairing process.
Troubleshooting Connectivity Issues
If you have any issues with connecting the GoPro camera to the Quick app, please review this article on the GoPro Support website.
Frequently asked questions
What do I need to borrow a GoPro kit?
You will need a Brampton Library card in good standing to borrow a GoPro kit. Continue here for more information about how to get a library card.
Where can I borrow a GoPro kit?
GoPro kits are made available at all Brampton Library branches. We encourage you to plan ahead and place a hold with your Brampton Library card through the catalogue. When available, a GoPro kit can be borrowed on a first-come, first-served basis. To avoid disappointment, we recommend checking availability before you visit the library.
How long can I keep a GoPro kit?
You can borrow a GoPro kit for twenty-one (21) days. We appreciate your cooperation in returning this kit in a timely manner.
Where can I return this kit?
You can return this kit to any Brampton Library branch. GoPro will need to be returned in person to a staff member at a customer service desk during open hours.