Need help fixing an item? Register here.
Want to help others fix their items? Register here.
Have a household item that's broken? Don't toss it, fix it!
Attend our virtual Repair Café over Zoom, hosted in partnership with Fixit Clinic. Connect with local fixers and repair coaches from around the world for guidance on how to repair your broken items at home.
Our next virtual events are:
How does it work?
Register to present your item to a global team of community fixers and get suggestions for things to try. Once confirmed, you will be invited to present your item to the group and briefly describe the problem. After all items have been presented we move to Zoom breakout rooms to implement the suggestions and, hopefully, fix the items.
- A computer, phone or tablet (and internet connection) that will work with Zoom.
- You must be able to show and explain the problem on camera in under three minutes.
- Ideally, you should have some rudimentary disassembly and diagnostic tools on hand. The most commonly needed items are a screwdriver and a multimeter for electronic items.
- Completion of the Broken Item Report form afterwards.
Community repairers (or aspiring fixers) and "fixing families" are always welcome to help fix or observe.
Learn more about Repair Cafés and Fixit Clinics
Article: Is Virtual Repair a Thing?
- Article: Fixit Clinic moves online to promote sustainability and cut costs through DIY repairs
Documentary: Fixed (featuring Repair Café Toronto)