1. Want to spend some time together as a family? Starting April 1, Pick up or download the Mission: Spring Break to complete challenges at home! Learn more about how you can be entered into a Books & Board Game Grand Prize while spending time together here.
2. Enjoy a walk and a story at Chinguacousy Park and Loafer’s Lake Park starting April 10th! To find out where the story begins and the featured titles, learn more about Story Walks here.
3. Remember the good ole days of coming to Book Bingo and seeing exciting performers? Well, you still can, we’ve gone virtual! Check our Calendar of Events for FREE Spring Break virtual programs and registration information.
4. After a long winter, we’re all craving some time outdoors! You can now borrow Ontario Parks passes for FREE access to provincial parks! While you’re out for a walk, take a GoPro to record your adventures. Learn more about borrowing from our Library of Things collection here.
5. Enjoy the great outdoors and visit your local park! Check the City of Brampton’s Parks and Open Spaces for your closest park!
6. Love a good competition? We do too! Get your family together to play At Home Spring Break Trivia on Thursday, April 15th with the Brampton Library.
7. Escape Rooms may not be possible, but put it outside and it becomes an Escape Game at the Park. Head to Teramoto Park to enter the time loop and by solving puzzles rebuild your time machine! The escape game runs April 10-May 2. No need to book a time, just dress for the weather and enjoy the outdoor game!
8. Not interested in ‘escaping’ outside? Try our Virtual Escape Room available from April 10-18!
9. The City of Brampton hosts FREE kids events, registration is required. For more information, check their website.
10. Cozy up with a favourite book at home by placing a hold for pickup at one of our branches. Don’t want to leave home? Borrow an eBook from TumbleBooks or CloudLibrary! Tumblebooks is a must-try when you want instant access to great stories; you can find some beloved classics and modern favs. Check CloudLibrary for all the latest releases. With over 300,000 titles, you’re sure to find something for every member of the family!
Looking for educational activities for your children to have during the week? For K-6 students, take a look at TumbleMath for engaging stories that effectively teach math concepts.
Kids in grades 5-8 love STEM Village to explore different STEM topics with interactive games, quizzes, and engaging videos! All based on the Ontario curriculum.
Have a safe and fun Spring Break!