The Library of Things provides free access to equipment, tools, technologies, and experiences that foster learning, create opportunity, and connect communities.
Get ready to discover your next favourite thing!
Borrowing & Use Guidelines
A valid Brampton Library card in good standing is required to borrow items from the Library of Things collection. Register for a library card online or in person at any of our branches. Get a Library Card.
By borrowing from Library of Things collection, you agree:
- To be responsible for the proper care, use, and return of a Library of Things kit, with all essential parts, borrowed by you or your child (under 16 years).
- To return kits, including any parts that may be damaged, to staff.
- To pay replacement fees for a Library of Things kit that is damaged, lost, or otherwise not returned.
- The cardholder assumes complete responsibility for their borrowed items and will be billed for costs associated with damage, loss or failure to return a borrowed item, as outlined in the Library Membership and Use — Customers and Members policy.
- Library of Things kits are the property of Brampton Library. Cardholders are not permitted to keep damaged items despite paying the replacement fee.
- Replacement fees for Library of Things kits are available upon request. Fill out this form to request more information.
- Replacement fees can be paid at any Brampton Library branch with cash, a credit card, or a debit card.