While all Brampton Library MakerSpaces are currently closed to the public, 3D printing and vinyl cutting are available remotely through MakerSpace On Demand.
About MakerSpace On Demand
- Request a 3D print, vinyl cut, or Smile Button via this online form and meet virtually with a librarian to discuss your project. Response and pick-up times may vary and we may not be able to accommodate all requests.
- 3D printing and vinyl cutting requests are limited to a maximum of two (2) jobs per customer per 7-day period
- Consumable materials are provided free of charge with these limitations:
- 3D Printing: Print time must not exceed six (6) hours.
- Vinyl Cutting: Cut job must not exceed 12 x 24 inches; only library-provided adhesive vinyl may be used; heat-transfer vinyl is not available.
- Smile Buttons: only one smile button per person.
Available equipment includes:
- Lulzbot Mini (available at Chinguacousy and Springdale only)
- Ultimaker 2+
- Assorted colours of PLA and PLA+ filament
- For jobs longer than 2 hours, please request an appointment
Desktop Cutting Machine (for vinyl and paper cutting)
- Silhouette Cameo 3
- Assorted colours of permanent adhesive vinyl, or bring your own
- Up to 12x24 inches of adhesive vinyl will be provided
Video and Photo Digitizing Tools
- Canon 9000F Mark II Scanner (includes attachments for digitizing photo negatives and slides)
- Elgato Video Capture Device (converts analog video from VHS to a high-quality digital file)
- VHS-C Cassette Adapter
- Other Digital Creation Tools
- Wacom Intuos Drawing Tablet (available at Springdale only)
- Akai Professional MPK Midi Keyboard (available at Springdale only)
- 1-inch and 2-inch pinback button makers (available at Springdale only)
- 10 pin-back buttons per person
Are there other tools you’d like to access in our makerspace?
We also host meetups and special events, such as:
- Maker Meetup (check out our Summer DIYs)
- Brampton Coffee 'n' Code
- Brampton Tech Talks
- Virtual Repair Café
- Resources for makers
See our program calendar for program offerings, dates, locations, and registration details.