All of our branch libraries are currently open for in-branch services.
Hours of operation for all Branches (except South West):
Monday–Thursday: 10 a.m.–9 p.m.
Friday–Sunday: 10 a.m.–6 p.m.
South West hours:
Tuesday and Thursday: 5 p.m.–9 p.m.
Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday: 1 p.m.–5 p.m.
Sunday and Monday: closed
Here's what you can expect during your next visit:
- Browse our collections, including print materials, DVDs, magazines, and newspapers.
- Limited in-branch study space.
- Library Chromebook lending for in-branch customer use.
- Use our sit-down computers for up to an hour a day. Computer reservations are not available at this time.
- Print, photocopy, and scan documents.
All COVID-19 health and safety protocols will remain in place:
- Customers should maintain physical distancing (minimum of two (2) metres) whenever possible.
- Staff will monitor and limit the number of people inside our branches.
- Staff will periodically clean high-touch areas.
- Customers must self-screen before entering our spaces.
- Customers are encouraged to use our self checkout kiosks or our mobile app to check out items.
We appreciate your patience and cooperation in maintaining a safe and healthy environment for both staff and customers.
Returns are accepted at all locations
To prevent any issues with your account, please renew or return your items. All of our locations have external 24-hour drop boxes available. Please review your account for any outstanding materials on your card.
How to place and track your holds
To place new holds, click here. You will be asked to enter your Brampton Library card number and PIN (usually the last four digits of your phone number) and prompted to select your preferred location for pickup. When your holds are ready, you will receive an email or voicemail notification, according to your preference. For more information about our branch locations click here.
How do I keep track of my request/hold status?
- Active: You have successfully placed a hold and been added to the waiting list. We will notify you once it is returned and ready for you.
- Pending: Staff are working to retrieve this hold for you from our collection.
- In transit: Your hold is on it's way to your preferred location. We will notify you when it is ready for pickup.
- Held: Your held item is ready for pickup. Please pick it up before it expires in seven (7) days.
The video below will teach you how to place a hold: