How do I suggest a title for the library to purchase?
Brampton Library welcomes recommendations from our customers for titles we do not already have in our collection.
Print books, DVDs, and more
To suggest print books, DVDs, audiobooks, and other materials or formats, we invite you to use the Suggest a Purchase form on this page. Please read the Suggest a Purchase Form guidelines below before continuing.
E-Books and audiobooks
To suggest e-books and audiobooks, we encourage you to submit your purchase suggestion through cloudLibrary.
- In the cloudLibrary web platform, select the Menu (three lines) in the upper left corner of the screen. Click "Filters", then select "Suggest to Library." Now you can click "Browse" under the Menu to see all titles available to suggest or tap the "Search" field to search for a title. When you find a title, click on the "Suggest to Library" button.
- In the cloudLibrary mobile app, go to the "Browse" menu, select the "Suggestions for Library" view under "Filters" and search for your title or browse under "All," and click on the "Suggest to Library" button.
New to cloudLibrary? Visit the getting started with cloudLibrary page for more details.
Suggest a Purchase Form Guidelines
- You must have a valid Brampton Library card to submit a purchase suggestion. If you have never had a Brampton Library card, click here to learn how to get a library card.
- Please check our catalogue here before submitting your purchase suggestion.
- We do not consider suggestions for items not yet published or released.
- We usually do not purchase titles more than two years old, and recommend submitting an Interlibrary loans form to request titles with an older publication date.
- All purchase suggestions are evaluated according to the Library's Collection Management Policy, with factors including customer demand, quality, and budget.
- For authors wishing to have their works considered for possible addition to the collection, please refer to "How do I as an author get my book added to the library's collection?"
- Fill out as much information as possible. Submit the same suggestion only once. Please note that for purchased titles, orders can take up to six (6) months to be filled.
We regret that we are unable to order every item suggested and that the volume of suggestions prevents us from responding individually and placing holds for customers. If we choose to purchase a title suggested, it will become available in the catalogue for you to place a hold.
The collection of information on this form is subject to the provisions of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Personal Privacy Act. This information is used for library-related purposes only. Questions regarding the collection of this information should be directed to the Director, Community Engagement and Partnerships.