- The author or illustrator of the submission(s) currently resides in the Region of Peel and has a valid Brampton Library card.
- All submissions must meet the selection criteria as outlined in the Brampton Library’s Collection Management Policy.
- All submissions must be published between 2014 and 2019 with a valid ISBN.
- A maximum of three submissions per author are eligible for inclusion.
- Both print and eBook formats are acceptable. The same title submitted in print and/or eBook format(s) will be considered as one entry. Audio, DVDs and eAudiobook formats are not eligible.
- One copy of the print and/or eBook submission will be accepted.
- Durable binding is required for print submissions. A PDF or EPUB is acceptable for eBooks with author’s consent of Digital Work Copyright Waiver submitted online.
- Titles already in Brampton Library’s current 2018-19 or previous 2017-18 Local Authors Showcase collection are not eligible for inclusion.
- Adult, teen, and children’s books of all genres are eligible.
- Both fiction and nonfiction are eligible.
- Books in other languages are eligible. Please fill out the submission form in English only.
- Submission content should not contravene Canadian legislation. Acceptance of a submission does not constitute endorsement of its content by the Brampton Library Board.
- Each print and eBook submission will be considered a donation by the author to Brampton Library and will not be purchased. If accepted, additional copies will be purchased directly through the library’s vendors as needed.
- Titles added to the Local Authors Showcase collection become the property of Brampton Library and will not be returned.
- Titles selected for the Local Authors Showcase will be displayed for one year. Library staff reserves the right to decide when a title will be removed or withdrawn.
- Brampton Library bears no further obligation for marketing an author’s work.
- Please include a completed submission form for each title submitted (for print only).
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I submit my work to the Local Authors Showcase?
Authors are recommended to submit their application online. No physical or electronic title is required to send along with author’s initial online application.
2019/2020 Local Authors Showcase accepts both print and eBook formats. The same title submitted in either or both formats will be considered as one entry.
Please contact Brampton library information services (905) 793-4636 or visit us during library’s business hours if further assistance is required.
When does Brampton Library accept the Local Authors Showcase submissions?
Brampton Library accepts submissions from local authors between March 1 and July 31 in 2019. If authors miss the deadline, please submit your work in the next year.
What happens after I have made my submission(s)?
The Local Authors Showcase Selection Team will email authors within 30 days of receiving author’s application(s).
If the application is accepted, one copy of the title will be donated to Brampton Library. A Digital Work Copyright Waiver form needs to be signed and dated by authors for each selected eBook.
How Local Authors Showcase will be featured in Brampton Library?
Eligible titles will be discoverable in the Brampton Library Catalogue when the 2019/2020 Local Authors Showcase launches in September. Print copies will be on display at the Chinguacousy Branch for 12 months and eBooks will be featured through our ebook platform Cloud Library.
If additional copies are necessary, Brampton Library will purchase materials directly through our established vendors.
How do I get a Brampton Library card?
Membership is free to all residents of Ontario. If you do not have a Brampton Library card, please visit any Brampton Library location with applicable ID.