Download a copy of the 2023-24 Local Authors Submission Guidelines.
- The author/co-author/illustrator currently resides in the Region of Peel and has a valid Brampton Library card.
- A maximum of three submissions per author is eligible for inclusion.
- All submissions must meet the selection criteria as outlined in the Brampton Library’s Collection Management Policy.
- All submissions must have been published between January 01, 2017, and March 31, 2023.
- Books published in other languages are acceptable. Authors, please fill out the 2023-24 Local Authors Showcase Application in English.
- Adult, teen, and children’s books of all genres are eligible.
- The submission content should not contravene Canadian legislation. Acceptance of a submission does not constitute an endorsement of its content by the Brampton Library Board.
- Both print and eBook formats are acceptable. The same title submitted in print and/or eBook format(s) will be considered as one entry. Audiobooks, DVDs and eAudiobooks are not eligible for inclusion.
- A 13 digit ISBN is required for print submissions. A valid ISBN is recommended but not mandatory for eBook submissions.
- Once approved, Brampton Library requests that authors submit a copy of their print book and/or eBook within 14 days.
- Durable binding is required for print submissions. A PDF or EPUB is acceptable for eBooks with the author's consent of Digital Work Copyright Waiver.
- Both the print and eBook submission will be considered as a donation free of charge to Brampton Library. Additional copies will be purchased directly through the library's vendors by demand.
- Titles added to the Local Authors Showcase collection become the property of Brampton Library and will not be returned.
- Titles selected for the Local Authors Showcase will be on display for 12 months during the showcase session. Library staff reserves the right to decide when a title will be removed or withdrawn.
- Authors’ profiles will be featured on the library's website during the whole showcase session. Stories about authors’ writing successes and professional achievements will be shared on the library's social media channels. Conditions apply.
- Brampton Library bears no obligation for any further marketing of showcase submissions.
- Titles selected in the current 2021-22 Local Authors Showcase or previous sessions are not eligible for inclusion.
Frequently Asked Questions:
When does Brampton Library accept the 2023-24 Local Authors Showcase submissions?
Submissions to the 2022-23 Local Authors Showcase will be accepted between November 9, 2023, and March 31, 2024.
What if I missed the submission deadline?
We regret that no late submissions will be accepted. The next showcase session will resume in the fall of 2023. Authors are encouraged to connect with Brampton Library on social media and visit the library’s website for more information.
How do I submit my work to the Local Authors Showcase?
What happens after I submit my applications?
When will the 2023-24 Showcase collection be unveiled to the community?
The 2023-24 Local Authors Showcase collection will be unveiled in June 2023. Invitations and details will be emailed to applications from Brampton Library Acquisitions as the time approaches.
How will Brampton Library display the 2023-24 Local Authors Showcase collection?
Eligible titles will be featured on Brampton Library’s online catalogue from June 2023 to May 2024. Print books will be on display at Chinguacousy Branch and eBooks will be advertised through CloudLibrary during the showcase session. Author’s profiles will be posted on the Local Authors Showcase web page for 12 months.
Participating authors have the opportunity to be featured in the library’s social media posts. Conditions apply.
How do I get a Brampton Library card?
Membership is free to all residents of Ontario. Applicants can visit any Brampton Library location with applicable ID to register for a card.
Please visit our How do I... page for details.
How do I contact Brampton Library for technical assistance or further support?