Welcome to Kanopy! Choose from a wide selection of documentaries, indie films, world cinema, classics, and kid-friendly content, free with your Brampton Library card. Click here to register for a library card.
How to access
Kanopy can be accessed from any computer or mobile device through a web browser, or through the apps for iOS, Android, and Fire OS. Kanopy is also compatible with several Smart TVs, Roku, and Chromecast. To learn more, visit mobile & TV apps.
Create your Kanopy account on a computer
- Visit https://bramptonlibrary.kanopy.com/ in your web browser.
- Select "Add Library Card." Type in your Brampton Library card number, then click "Continue."
- Next, you’ll need to Create Your Account. This can be done in two ways:
- Sign up using your Facebook or Google account.
- Fill in the form with your name, email address, and a password (at least six characters long). Once you're done, click "Sign Up." Check your inbox for an email from Kanopy and click "Verify My Email."
- You're all set! Start browsing categories or searching for a movie you want to watch.
Create your Kanopy account on a smartphone or tablet
- Download the Kanopy app for iOS (App Store), Android (Google Play), or Fire OS (Amazon App Store). Once the download is complete, open the app on your device.
- Follow the instructions linked below to learn how to create your account:
Help and support
Visit Kanopy's help centre to learn more.